Advertisement

Astrology and empaths

topic posted Tue, October 23, 2007 - 10:00 PM by 
Share/Save/Bookmark
Have you ever heard of any one sign being more likely to show empathic tendencies over the others? If so which ad why? By the way I'm a virgo. What are you?
posted by:
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: Astrology and empaths

Tue, October 23, 2007 - 10:08 PM
    I'm Taurus. Hi!

Months ago when I first joined someone here raised this as a topic and did a bit of a reckie into what you're asking about. Maybe they'llshow up on this thread and enlighten us, 'cause I don't remember now what the outcome was or if there was one. Would like to think I would remember if there had been one, lol!
  • Re: Astrology and empaths

Tue, October 23, 2007 - 11:35 PM
    i'm really not sure(i'm not an expert), but i think it's not so much the zodiac itself as it is about certain planets and their position in your birthchart, i think uranus has something to do with psychic abilities, but don't quote me on that!

love&light
    Sue

Mon, November 12, 2007 - 9:19 PM
      I heard one time that when they changed to the current calendar that a month was (Dropped or added) and that everybody is actually a month off. But what do I know? Any way here are my results for your poll.

Rising Sign is in 22 Degrees Leo
      Sun is in 21 Degrees Leo.
      Moon is in 25 Degrees Taurus.
      Mercury is in 05 Degrees Leo.
      Venus is in 06 Degrees Virgo.
      Mars is in 08 Degrees Gemini.
      Jupiter is in 23 Degrees Sagittarius.
      Saturn is in 12 Degrees Capricorn.
      Uranus is in 21 Degrees Leo.
      Neptune is in 06 Degrees Scorpio.
      Pluto is in 05 Degrees Virgo.
      N. Node is in 15 Degrees Virgo.

And as far as Susanne saying, " i think uranus has something to do with psychic abilities, but don't quote me on that! "
      too late! LOL My anus is in my moon, Butt I don't think that was where my abilities came from. O. T. Hee

Now I am going to go back and read all that stuff it is trying to say about me. Good luck with your research.

Wed, April 30, 2008 - 7:48 AM
        Zen,

Tropical - Pisces Sun sign, Aries Rising, Moon in Capricorn

There are many forms of Astrology, but only two types, mundane and esoteric, the diference being approximately 30°. Ancient Vedic Lahiri Astrologers took into consideration the planetary wobble or 'precession' while the 'modern Christian' Tropical (Sun sign) Astrologers either did know about the wobble or chose to ignore it. Vedic Astrology shows the condition of the Soul, while Tropical Astrology shows the condition of the physical manifestation of the soul in the AsiYaH. Both types of information are obtainable from either types of Astrology.

Love - tron
        Mystical Qabalist
        Vedic/Tropical Astrologer
        ET Researcher, SETV search model founder
        military aerospace engineer
        =================

Zen posted
        Mon, November 12, 2007 - 9:19 PM
        I heard one time that when they changed to the current calendar that a month was (Dropped or added) and that everybody is actually a month off. But what do I know? Any way here are my results for your poll.

Rising Sign is in 22 Degrees Leo
        Sun is in 21 Degrees Leo.
        Moon is in 25 Degrees Taurus.
        Mercury is in 05 Degrees Leo.
        Venus is in 06 Degrees Virgo.
        Mars is in 08 Degrees Gemini.
        Jupiter is in 23 Degrees Sagittarius.
        Saturn is in 12 Degrees Capricorn.
        Uranus is in 21 Degrees Leo.
        Neptune is in 06 Degrees Scorpio.
        Pluto is in 05 Degrees Virgo.
        N. Node is in 15 Degrees Virgo.

And as far as Susanne saying, " i think uranus has something to do with psychic abilities, but don't quote me on that! "
        too late! LOL My anus is in my moon, Butt I don't think that was where my abilities came from. O. T. Hee

Now I am going to go back and read all that stuff it is trying to say about me. Good luck with your research.

Wed, October 24, 2007 - 4:31 AM
    Haven't really heard about a connection between these things, but then again I haven't had a serious horoscope done. I'm a Cancer in the western view, and a Buddha Rabbit in the eastern.
  • Unsu...

Wed, October 24, 2007 - 5:08 AM
    i'm a Taurus.
    i'd bet there would be a nice assortment of all the signs to help balance everything out...
    but it would be interesting to find out if that is indeed the case.
  • Sin
    Sin
    offline 1

Wed, October 24, 2007 - 5:15 AM
    I'm definately not even close to being an expert, but the 12th sign - pisces - is noted for empathic qualities. I'm a pisces with my sun in pisces and rising Leo. I don't think I am psychic, but empathic thru and thru. It's a great topic - Thanks.

SinD

Wed, October 24, 2007 - 5:50 AM
    I don't think your sun sign would be a good indicator of psychic ability. Your sun sign represents how the world sees you. If anything, I think it would be your moon sign that indicates a tendency for psychic ability. But I also think the entire chart would be the best indicator because it's not just about the signs, but the houses they were in when you were born.

But as for signs, my sun sign is pisces and my moon sign is cancer with libra rising.

Wed, October 24, 2007 - 9:13 AM
    Water signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) tend to be the most empathetic of the signs. A prominent Neptune would indicate empathic and psychic tendencies.

Wed, October 24, 2007 - 9:51 AM
      hi. I'm not an expert but I have studied enough to add more to what's been said here.

yes, water signs, most especially pisces which is associated with the 12th house and neptune are noted as being the empaths and psychics of the zodiac.

of course astrology is very much more complicated than most people think. so for example, maybe some of our earthy grounded taurans in here have a watery 12th house mercury in pisces or something. mercury is the planet of communication.

the "houses" in astrology are representations of different parts of life. the first house is where it all begins, the I, life in the beginning, ruled by Aries. the last house is the 12th house and is ruled by pisces. it is the house of transition from life to death or the next plane. it is the house of dreams. one aspect of pisces is its desire to really BE everyone. pisces blurs the distinctions between things, perceiving them to all be part of the same thing. this blurring happens between planes of existence too.

I'm a pisces sun with my mercury and venus in the 12th house. venus is about our style of loving and what we find beautiful or valuable in the world. mercury is about how we communicate. I wouldn't consider myself a full on psychic or a very powerful empath, but I do exhibit a sensitivity and have troubles not letting other people's thoughts become my own, (and I try not to "arrogantly" "guess" at what a person is thinking before they've gotten it out of their mouth, and try even harder if they are saying something contrary to what i think they mean - IF i can tell the difference) and some of the other things on that list up there.

So really there are a lot of combinations of planet placements that could encourage a deeper empathy or psychic ability. I find that Scorpios are sometimes better able to focus their ability where as Pisces often get lost in it with things getting all blurry all the time. Cancers are least strong in their empathic abilities but might be the best healers of the group. That's just my untrained observation tho. i'm sure there will be examples to prove me wrong somewhere.

to discover if there are celestial forces at work in your empathy, we'd have to look at your whole natal chart.

Wed, October 24, 2007 - 10:05 AM
        by way of a brief astrology lesson:

sun - underlying character (not necessarily what we display)
        mercury - communication
        venus - love & beauty
        moon - emotion
        mars - drive & initiation
        jupiter - expansion (learning, philosophy)
        saturn - boundaries, discipline (fear
        uranus - freedom, individuality
        neptune - "imagination" or connection to other planes (highly dependent on the beliefs of the interpreter)
        pluto - transformation (reproduction, death), extremes

rising - outward personality
        midheaven - "career" or direction in life accomplishments
        chiron - our wounds, our healing, how we heal
        true node or north node - corrections in this life based on our last life

there's lots more but those are some basics.

each of those bodies or points are in a sign in your natal chart.

Fri, October 26, 2007 - 11:23 AM
          Wow! I'm blown away. Thank you for all of that info. I never would have thought it was that complicated. Now I so have to find someone to do a chart on me.

Wed, April 30, 2008 - 8:02 AM
        hey arize....

nice post.

>I'm a pisces sun with my mercury and venus in the 12th house.

yummy..I'd like to make your acquaintance. well you're telepathic out the kazoo. where's your Neptune? my Mars is opposition your Sun :)) annnnd...Sun, Mercury cnjt your Sun...

Love - tron

=================
        arize posted
        Wed, October 24, 2007 - 9:51 AM
        hi. I'm not an expert but I have studied enough to add more to what's been said here.

yes, water signs, most especially pisces which is associated with the 12th house and neptune are noted as being the empaths and psychics of the zodiac.

of course astrology is very much more complicated than most people think. so for example, maybe some of our earthy grounded taurans in here have a watery 12th house mercury in pisces or something. mercury is the planet of communication.

the "houses" in astrology are representations of different parts of life. the first house is where it all begins, the I, life in the beginning, ruled by Aries. the last house is the 12th house and is ruled by pisces. it is the house of transition from life to death or the next plane. it is the house of dreams. one aspect of pisces is its desire to really BE everyone. pisces blurs the distinctions between things, perceiving them to all be part of the same thing. this blurring happens between planes of existence too.

I'm a pisces sun with my mercury and venus in the 12th house. venus is about our style of loving and what we find beautiful or valuable in the world. mercury is about how we communicate. I wouldn't consider myself a full on psychic or a very powerful empath, but I do exhibit a sensitivity and have troubles not letting other people's thoughts become my own, (and I try not to "arrogantly" "guess" at what a person is thinking before they've gotten it out of their mouth, and try even harder if they are saying something contrary to what i think they mean - IF i can tell the difference) and some of the other things on that list up there.

So really there are a lot of combinations of planet placements that could encourage a deeper empathy or psychic ability. I find that Scorpios are sometimes better able to focus their ability where as Pisces often get lost in it with things getting all blurry all the time. Cancers are least strong in their empathic abilities but might be the best healers of the group. That's just my untrained observation tho. i'm sure there will be examples to prove me wrong somewhere.

to discover if there are celestial forces at work in your empathy, we'd have to look at your whole natal chart.
  • Unsu...

Fri, October 26, 2007 - 12:49 PM
    I'm a Taurus. Empathy did not come to me naturally. I was very closed up until about age 18. It was after learning how to make eye contact, really listen, and use & read body language that I gained 'empathy skills'. Now it comes naturally, but only after much practice.

It may also be worth noting that my first sensing of 'energy' and 'feelings from afar' (i.e. empathy beyond 'skills') did not happen until a few years ago. It was like having a protective covering ripped off my psyche and I can't put it back.

Because of my experience, I believe that anyone could be empathic if they can accept what their senses tell them even when it makes no logical sense. I wouldn't have believed it was possible myself if the others involved hadn't confirmed what I felt.

Fri, October 26, 2007 - 3:36 PM
    I always hear that Pisces would be very empathic, but my Pisces brothers, my Pisces friends, and my Pisces EX were not empathic at all, almost the opposite..... they were very self-absorbed and lacked compassion. I do know of Pisces people on Tribe who are empathic. I'm just not sure it can be attributed to any specific sign, for the water signs can be sensitive, but can also turn that sensitivity inwards instead of outwards.

Fri, October 26, 2007 - 5:57 PM
      I'm a Libra on the cusp of Virgo, for what it's worth.
      • Unsu...

Sun, October 28, 2007 - 11:42 AM
        My astrolabe chart:

Rising Sign is in 05 Degrees Aquarius
        You like new ideas and concepts, but you prefer to discover them by yourself -- it is not easy for others to convert you to anything. You form your own opinions, but once you do form them, you then want to convince everyone else that they are correct. Try to be more tolerant of the opinions of others. You have a deep and abiding interest in science, mathematics, and the great social problems of the day. Very sympathetic toward the downtrodden, equality is your battle cry! You demand that those in authority be fair to all. You are an intellectual -- emotions and emotional people are difficult for you to understand. You are known for being calm, cool, detached and objective.

Sun is in 19 Degrees Virgo.
        Extremely careful and cautious by nature, you value neatness and order above all else. You rigorously practice very high standards of living and conduct and you demand the same of everyone with whom you come into contact. At times, you are so supercritical that you are merely nit-picky. You are very good at practical skills and quite handy with tools of all kinds. You are also greatly concerned with hygiene, cleanliness and personal health problems. Very likely your health is much better than you think it is -- don't worry so much! Extremely methodical and analytical, you are a perfectionist -- this makes you the perfect person to carry out highly detailed, precise operations. But, at times, you pay so much attention to details that you lose sight of the larger issues.

Moon is in 28 Degrees Scorpio.
        Your feelings are very intense, never superficial. You tend to be either very angry or very sad or completely and totally happy. Your moods are deep, extreme and not always completely understood by yourself or by those with whom you have to deal. Emotionally, you tend to prefer to live at the cutting edge of life, pushing your reactions to the ultimate extremes, even if the results are dangerous or upsetting. You are easily jealous and very suspicious -- you require a great deal of emotional reassurance. A good detective, you are very curious about deep and mysterious things, especially human nature and motivations. Be careful not to be ruthless, tactless or too overly frank or you will meet with much resistance from others.

Mercury is in 04 Degrees Virgo.
        Very thorough and efficient, you pay attention to the minor but important details of any project. You are a careful thinker who can learn complicated, intricate techniques. You are attracted to practical, useful skills and are probably good at working with your hands. You are very critical of yourself and others, sometimes too much so, and you get the reputation of being a nag or of being nit-picky. Your first reaction to any situation is to try to organize, classify and analyze everything!

Venus is in 03 Degrees Leo.
        You have a striking, regal appearance and demeanor that attracts others to you. Your friendship is highly sought and you tend to take friendships quite seriously -- you remain loyal and true to those to whom you are attached. For you, love is mixed with pride and respect. Relationships are over when you lose respect for your partner. Be careful of a tendency to relate only to those who make you look good -- the powerful, important and influential. This can lead to arrogance and selfishness, and neither of these qualities becomes you.

Mars is in 27 Degrees Cancer.
        Your moods are very important to your overall well-being. You are confident and self-assertive when you are feeling upbeat, and you are retiring, irritable and grumpy when you get depressed about anything. Very sensitive, you wear your heart on your sleeve. You are easily angered whenever you think someone has slighted you. It is best for you to show your anger immediately and let it all out, rather than to try to hold it in or to hold grudges for a long time. You're extremely loyal and defensive of your family, neighborhood, community and culture.

Jupiter is in 26 Degrees Taurus.
        Growth only occurs for you after you have found a stable lifestyle and a dependable, protective and secure environment. You are at your best when those around you provide you with a great deal of affection and support. When you feel insecure or threatened, you tend to become possessive and grasping and self- indulgent. You are an inveterate collector with an expensive preference for all the good things that life has to offer.

Saturn is in 00 Degrees Pisces.
        Your tendency to think that your life is out of control is based on an unreasonable fear, probably connected with an unfortunate experience with the person who filled the father figure role in your early life. Learn to take responsibility here and now for your own life. Try to stop having unrealistic expectations about guide figures. Remember that they are merely human, with all the same faults and self-doubts that you have. When you get confused or uncertain, try to simplify your lifestyle -- things will then become easier to bear.

Uranus is in 11 Degrees Virgo.
        You, and all your peers, will be known for the degree of intensity with which you dislike normal everyday routines and chores. You will go out of your way to invent innovative, unique and timesaving ways to perform the various mundane routines and duties of living. You will be attracted to all manner of practical and useful gadgets -- anything that will make your daily life more exciting.

Neptune is in 15 Degrees Scorpio.
        You, and your entire generation, are extremely interested in anything deep and mysterious. You will explore and idealize the benefits that can accrue from the study of the occult, healing and psychology. You are willing to experiment with substances like drugs in order to push your understanding of your inner being to the extreme.

Pluto is in 14 Degrees Virgo.
        For your entire generation, this will be a time when profound changes in society's attitude toward work, duty and responsibility will be initiated. Radical changes in attitudes toward personal health and general nutrition will be promulgated and gain wide acceptance and practice.

N. Node is in 28 Degrees Gemini.
        You will consciously seek out many different contacts with others throughout your life. Many of these will be of very short duration, not necessarily because you're fickle, but just because you always seem to be more excited by the prospect of meeting someone new rather than prolonging your present relationships. At any rate, you will learn something new from almost everyone you come across -- intellectual stimulation is what you crave from others. You will be well known to neighbors and relatives, partly due to your curiosity about what they're doing -- you delight in keeping up-to-date about the latest news (and gossip).

If you would like a detailed (approx 30 page) interpretation of your astrological profile which includes your houses, aspects, and major trends in your chart - or if you would like other reports or readings that depict your life and the influences that you are under for any specific dates - See our chart service offerings at alabe.com/chartservice or contact us at 1-800-THE-NOVA for prices and information.

Wed, October 31, 2007 - 9:27 AM
      catsmeow - i would have to agree with you that male water signs do have a certain tendency to turn their sensitivity inward.

and like I said, yeah, you kind of have to look at a person's whole chart and not just their sun placement. for example, my pisces sun is in the 1st house. this is NOT a good indication of being extremely empathic, tho maybe it would imply i would be a bit more than some.

generalizations are always good to be careful with.

astrology, in my view, should be treated as a tool and not as fate or determinism.

yesterday i had my most powerful empathic experiences ever.
      at one point i just was bursting with a need to sit in a park with people around me so i could read them and read them. at the climax of that part of my experience, I decided that almost everyone was really good but that they didn't know it. it didn't matter what sign they were or anything. altho i also thought i could tell what sign dominated many of them. :)

Wed, April 30, 2008 - 8:49 AM
      Hi CatMeow,

Its not so much the sign, but rather what is in the sign and the house its aspecting. I AM studying how to determine both Spiritual advancement and degree of psychic function in Humans, -- these things often are not related to 'each other'. Being super psychic is not an indicator of Soul evolution. Adolf Hitler for instance was well known to be super-psychic, a left column, (Angels of Destruction) Qabalist Wizard student of Aleister Crowley...the self-proclaimed 'Beast-Master', founder of the OTO. On the other hand, as one progresses Spiritually, one's pyschic functions also often become more prominent, and it is taught by Central-Pillar (TiPHaRetZ - Sun Center - Love) Mystical Qabalists, that one relinquish attained fruits to the OneSelf, and in so doing one avoids the 'trap' of becoming seduced by the afforded power of the dark-side entities which reside in side columns of consciousness, Angels of Destruction (Red Dragons - Reptilians) and who 'trade' low level pyschic 'gifts' in exchange for access to your energy and Soul.

Say one has Mercury in Pisces in the 3rd house and Neptune in Scorpio. Mercury is the ruler of Gemini and natural depositor of the 3rd house, while Pisces is the Spiritual sign or the connection into Spiritual dimension, YeTZiRaH. Neptune is the modern ruler of Pisces, while Scorpio indicates (via aspects) magnitude of sexual energy of Human manifestation...What do we get? One way of visualizing the process...the power of Khundalini or sexual energy (Scorpio) (= Sanskrit, Rauch in Hebrew, Chi in Eastern doctrine) is commuted through Neptune via Pisces into 3rd house = logic, thinking and communication of the brain, (the physical interface between Spirit and physicality) which provides the Spiritual 'power' that affords the connection, it greases the pipe. Telepathy and empathy are virtually the same function, with different perception of how they work...a state of knowingness. My description is probably clear as mud...its a glimpse of how things really work, in my opinion.

Love - tron

================
      CatMeow posted
      Fri, October 26, 2007 - 3:36 PM

I always hear that Pisce s would be very empathic, but my Pisces brothers, my Pisces friends, and my Pisces EX were not empathic at all, almost the opposite..... they were very self-absorbed and lacked compassion. I do know of Pisces people on Tribe who are empathic. I'm just not sure it can be attributed to any specific sign, for the water signs can be sensitive, but can also turn that sensitivity inwards instead of outwards.

Sat, October 27, 2007 - 12:05 AM
    GEMINI......and just for shits and giggles I have my chart...

Name: Theresa
    June 14 1962
    6:00 AM Time Zone is CET
    Bonn, GER

Rising Sign is in 13 Degrees Cancer
    Very sensitive by nature, you prefer to be in your own familiar surroundings. Cautious and conservative, you make changes in your life only very slowly, if at all. You do not open up easily to strangers. Friendships are made for life, however -- once given, your trust is forever. Your mother, your home as a child and your early family life in general are very important to you. You are also very sentimental. When you feel self- confident, you are gentle, giving and protective of the needs of others. But when you feel insecure or threatened, you become overly sensitive to criticism, shy, withdrawn and moody. You have a strong need for security -- in the sense that you are being loved, nourished and protected.

Sun is in 22 Degrees Gemini.
    You have a quick, bright and agile mind, but an extremely short attention span. You love the external, kaleidoscopic aspects of life, but you tend to avoid (and even fear) deep, close emotional involvements. As such, you seem to enjoy travel and sightseeing and generally being "on-the-go." You get quite listless when things around you become static and dull, but your excitement returns whenever you are stimulated by a new idea. Chatty, inquisitive and quite playful, you enjoy practical jokes and games in general. Your moods change quickly and often -- you are very restless and constantly in motion. You are known for your versatility and adaptability. Your vivaciousness enlivens any social gathering.

Moon is in 06 Degrees Scorpio.
    Your feelings are very intense, never superficial. You tend to be either very angry or very sad or completely and totally happy. Your moods are deep, extreme and not always completely understood by yourself or by those with whom you have to deal. Emotionally, you tend to prefer to live at the cutting edge of life, pushing your reactions to the ultimate extremes, even if the results are dangerous or upsetting. You are easily jealous and very suspicious -- you require a great deal of emotional reassurance. A good detective, you are very curious about deep and mysterious things, especially human nature and motivations. Be careful not to be ruthless, tactless or too overly frank or you will meet with much resistance from others.

Mercury is in 12 Degrees Gemini.
    Your mind is active, quick and agile. You are very restless and you get bored easily. Unless you receive constant mental stimulation, you become extremely nervous and begin to act in an unstable manner. You are probably a good student because of your natural inquisitiveness. You also love to travel. Your learning tends to be superficial, though, because you have a relatively short attention span. Try to develop the mental discipline to finish what you start. Also, you tend to talk on at times seemingly just to fill space -- make sure that your conversation has some substance to it or others will start avoiding you.

Venus is in 26 Degrees Cancer.
    You like to be very close to other people. You need emotional support yourself and are willing to give it to others. When you feel unloved and insecure, you can be very jealous and possessive. You are not interested in casual or superficial relationships -- only deep emotional involvements interest you. Your faithful devotion is one of your greatest gifts, but be careful not to become too dependent on others. Learn to stand on your own two feet and demand your own rights once in a while.

Mars is in 12 Degrees Taurus.
    Careful, slow and thorough about all that you do, at times you are also willful and stubborn when others try to alter your course. You are definitely not a quitter -- you will work long and hard to get what you want. Your possessions are very important to you. One of your continuing problems is that you tend to regard the significant people in your life much the same way as you do your possessions -- you become overly attached and much too jealous. You repress your anger when you get upset and that is not healthy. Try to learn to show your anger immediately in order to avoid painful explosions later.

Jupiter is in 12 Degrees Pisces.
    You are at your best when you give of yourself and what you have -- try to avoid being a martyr about it, though. You're a true idealist, but you must learn not to be upset when life does not cooperate with the way you think things should be. Very concerned with spiritual truth and growth, when you practice what you preach, you make an excellent role model for others. You are so devoted to altruistic ventures and concerns that you tire easily at times. It then becomes necessary for you to go off by yourself to recharge your batteries.

Saturn is in 10 Degrees Aquarius.
    Your personal sense of values is a reflection of the value structures of your peer group and of those you respect and admire. Try to be more critical in your acceptance of these values -- you tend to prejudge the abilities of those you trust and then follow what they say blindly. Basically very conservative, you prefer orderly, systematic changes and fear doing things rashly or impulsively. Ideas and philosophies must have some sort of immediately realizable, utilitarian function in order for you to pay any attention to them.

Uranus is in 27 Degrees Leo.
    You, and your peers as well, demand complete and total freedom of self- expression. You want to make your mark in the world according to your own lights and will brook no interference from traditional authority figures, especially if they attempt to mold or shape you in any way. You are honest and forthright, but a bit offbeat and eccentric. The lack of self-discipline may hinder you from reaching your goals as quickly as you would like.

Neptune is in 11 Degrees Scorpio.
    You, and your entire generation, are extremely interested in anything deep and mysterious. You will explore and idealize the benefits that can accrue from the study of the occult, healing and psychology. You are willing to experiment with substances like drugs in order to push your understanding of your inner being to the extreme.

Pluto is in 07 Degrees Virgo.
    For your entire generation, this will be a time when profound changes in society's attitude toward work, duty and responsibility will be initiated. Radical changes in attitudes toward personal health and general nutrition will be promulgated and gain wide acceptance and practice.

N. Node is in 10 Degrees Leo.
    You prefer to take the leadership role when it comes to dealing with others. You enjoy administering and organizing group activities. Others tend to listen to your suggestions because you aren't usually overly domineering or patronizing in your interactions. You love to entertain in a big way -- you're at your best when throwing a large and lavish party. Your popularity and social success are assured as long as you don't take others for granted -- resist the temptation to become snobbish and arrogant.

Gee I sound almost arrogant there....well, the only psychic part can be found in my numerology...

Pinnacles
    The four pinnacles reveal the high spots or heights of attainment that we are likely to encounter as we move along the path of our life. The 1st pinnacle lasts from birth to around age 28. The 2nd pinnacle lasts for 9 years after that. the 3rd pinnacle lasts 9 more years, and the 4th pinnacle carries on through the rest of our life. The peak of the pinnacle is reached during the next 1 personal year. Pinnacles are like sudden inheritances from a benevolent aunt, they can transform the prevailing energies completely and suddenly. It is useful to look ahead and prepare for our pinnacles so that we can maximize their gifts to us and shape them into the most positive manifestation.

First Pinnacle: 11
    Much more is required from the master number vibrations, and some may handle the 2 vibrations more comfortably than the 11. The doors to higher vibrational realms are open to you now. Psychic ability is very easy to develop, and what some may call "magic", is a sixth sense to you. It is important to create things that benefit all, rather than attempt a commercial pursuit at this time. Create for the sake of creation.

Second Pinnacle: 5
    The 5 pinnacle will bring opportunities for freedom in any area that there has been stagnation, so changes in job, relationships or residence are common. If there is a resistance to change, it may be manifested through something or someone seeming to force it. Either way the change will occur.

Third Pinnacle: 7
    By choice, you may prefer to be alone or with someone of like nature and interests. It is not a time for socializing, but rather contemplation, analysis and philosophizing. Your depth of focus can lead you to uncharted territories of mind and spirit.

Fourth Pinnacle: 6
    Children and animals flock to your nurturing energy now. Surround yourself with beauty and harmony and loving companions. Your wise advise is a benefit to all.
    • Unsu...

Sat, October 27, 2007 - 12:07 AM
      I'm a Gemini also...though I don't have a clue about my chart.
      It was great reading yours, Theresa!

Michele

Sat, October 27, 2007 - 12:21 AM
        If you go here you can get a free birth chart....

alabe.com/freechart/

Have fun Darlin!

Sat, October 27, 2007 - 11:56 AM
          Thank you so much for that link theresa, the chart is me down to a t!!

my signs are:
          Rising Sign is in 27 Degrees Cancer
          Sun is in 21 Degrees Sagittarius
          Moon is in 05 Degrees Pisces.
          Mercury is in 12 Degrees Sagittarius.
          Venus is in 24 Degrees Scorpio
          Mars is in 16 Degrees Capricorn
          Jupiter is in 07 Degrees Libra
          Saturn is in 08 Degrees Libra
          Uranus is in 27 Degrees Scorpio
          Neptune is in 22 Degrees Sagittarius
          Pluto is in 23 Degrees Libra
          N. Node is in 12 Degrees Leo

Kelly :o)

Sat, October 27, 2007 - 9:07 PM
          Thank you so much. I got mine done, and here it is.

Rising Sign is in 03 Degrees Virgo
          You tend to be very shy and not very self-assertive. You are supercritical about how you appear to others. Even though you may think you are uninteresting and dull, you are actually quite soft- spoken, orderly, neat and very likable. You are a perfectionist with high standards, and at times you can be quite tactless in pointing out the faults of others. Very practical, efficient and purposeful, your appearance and bearing reflect your need to appear graceful, sensible and reserved. You have a crisp, no-nonsense approach to dealing with others. Never lazy or self-indulgent, you tend to be dedicated to the work ethic.

Sun is in 10 Degrees Virgo.
          Extremely careful and cautious by nature, you value neatness and order above all else. You rigorously practice very high standards of living and conduct and you demand the same of everyone with whom you come into contact. At times, you are so supercritical that you are merely nit-picky. You are very good at practical skills and quite handy with tools of all kinds. You are also greatly concerned with hygiene, cleanliness and personal health problems. Very likely your health is much better than you think it is -- don't worry so much! Extremely methodical and analytical, you are a perfectionist -- this makes you the perfect person to carry out highly detailed, precise operations. But, at times, you pay so much attention to details that you lose sight of the larger issues.

Moon is in 28 Degrees Sagittarius.
          An idealist, you prefer the grand, the beautiful, the good and the noble. You get very disappointed when your high expectations in life are not met. Very curious by nature, you enjoy traveling and learning about other peoples and cultures. Try to avoid your tendency to ignore the small but important details of living. You are independent and free, and you want others to be that way, too. Optimistic, buoyant and cheerful, others like to have you around. You have an incessant desire to learn as much as possible about metaphysics, religion, philosophy and any other broad, deep subject. Your life tends to be punctuated by bursts of energy and frenetic activity.

Mercury is in 05 Degrees Libra.
          You are known for not jumping to conclusions about things. You tend to weigh all possible choices very carefully before making a decision. When in the slightest amount of doubt, you will compromise rather than ruffle any feathers. You are a true raconteur of culture and taste -- your ideas and opinions are neat, elegant and refined. A born diplomat, you dislike discord so much that you will go out of your way to make others feel comfortable and at ease. You speak softly and pleasantly.

Venus is in 00 Degrees Libra.
          A very friendly and outgoing person, you hate to be alone. Beware of a continuing tendency to compromise yourself in order to avoid being lonely. Try to be yourself, not what others would like you to be. You have an innate desire to be in refined and elegant surroundings and will go out of your way to create a plush and comfortable atmosphere around you. You have heightened aesthetic sensibilities and are attracted to music and the arts. Try to avoid using your well-known seductive charm in order to get out of doing what you consider to be dirty work!

Mars is in 05 Degrees Libra.
          You are very aware of the need to cooperate with others in order to further any effort. You are usually willing to compromise with others, although you can be quite competitive in a friendly way. Very fair- minded and impartial, you have the ability to sense injustice and the desire to take corrective actions to make proper compensations. You see both sides of issues and questions, but you tend to be undecided or wavering when forced to make choices that might make you vulnerable or unpopular.

Jupiter is in 00 Degrees Gemini.
          You have a logical, detached, objective view of most things. Your interests are wide-ranging and you are an avid student, with expertise in many different areas. You love to work things out in your mind -- everything you do is reduced to an exercise in logic and reason. You have the ability to grasp abstractions and to deal successfully with the larger issues of life. Your overemphasis on developing your powerful intellect can cause your emotional and intuitive abilities to atrophy unless you consciously choose to exercise them.

Saturn is in 10 Degrees Leo.
          Extremely self-reliant, you set very high standards of conduct and decorum for yourself, and you expect others with whom you associate to be that way, too. It is important that you had a strong father figure or role model early in life to mold your life course and direction. When you feel that those around you are unworthy or behaving badly, you withdraw, preferring solitude rather than associating with those who might besmirch your reputation.

Uranus is in 04 Degrees Scorpio.
          You, and your peer group, demand to confront life at its deepest and most meaningful levels. Very compulsive and obsessive in your approach to everything, you will avoid anything that is casual or superficial, especially when it comes to relationships. You will seek out and explore new methods of healing as well as different ways to deal with deep-seated emotional problems.

Neptune is in 11 Degrees Sagittarius.
          You, and your entire generation, are heavily involved in investigating and idealizing foreign and exotic intellectual systems and religious philosophies. The most extreme ideals will be pursued with gusto. You will be at the forefront of humanitarian attempts to improve the lot of those who are in need of assistance. You will be comfortable with the concept of the "global village."

Pluto is in 10 Degrees Libra.
          For your entire generation, this is a time of radical changes in society's attitude toward marriage and interpersonal relationships. There is a general fear and awe at the power inherent in making emotional or contractual commitments -- they will not be entered into lightly.

N. Node is in 05 Degrees Scorpio.
          You have a special aptitude for working by yourself, or with a like-minded group of dedicated individuals. Once you've committed yourself to a person or group or project, your loyalty and devotion are total until the group's goals have been realized. Not at all gregarious by nature, you're uncomfortable around strangers, greatly preferring to be in known and familiar situations. Others may regard you as shy or eccentric, but those who know you well are aware of the intense loyalty that you have to your friends.
          Was pretty surprised at hoe accurate it was, and by how uptight I sound. I swear I'm more fun than I sound. :}

Sat, October 27, 2007 - 1:17 PM
    arrogance is a dangerous aftereffect for many empaths...We are all empathic and have the ability for full telepathy some of us are just more blocked up then others. Astrology has more to do with how you create the varietous layers of your personality then it does with how empathic you are. We are ALL pure potential so we can be whatever we choose to be.

Sat, October 27, 2007 - 6:59 PM
    Here is one interpretation for Neptune in the first house, which seems like a clear empathic indicator:

You enjoy acting and putting on different "faces" for others to see. A very sensitive person, you pick up impressions from others very easily. Thus you sense what another person is about and can imitate him or her if you wish. You may be unable to distinguish between what is really you and what you have picked up from someone else. One of the great problems of this placement is to find out who you are and what you really feel. But you can be a very kind person. With your sensitivity and awareness of other people's feelings, you can put yourself in someone else's place and understand that person better.

Wed, October 31, 2007 - 9:36 AM
      hey, everyone, do also look for what HOUSE your planets are in.

Gemini, for example, is the master of communication in astrology. maybe your sun isn't there, but maybe mercury, the planet of communication is. what if mercury in gemini were in your 12th house? that could be enough right there for empathy.

here's the most favored astrology website among tribe astrology people: www.astro.com
      and here's a full astrology lesson tho its really pretty dry and stiff and should be taken as a sort of beginners guide or something. www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TOCl...s.htm

if you really want to learn astrology, check out the astrology tribe here and start asking questions. tribe has some really wonderful astrologers from many different disciplines and points of view. if you are open and listen to people, you can get yourself a very well rounded opinion of your own on the subject. astronuts.tribe.net/

ENJOY!

remember, astrology isn't fate or determinism. its just a tool. to me its main purpose is more like group therapy and learning to understand human behavior than anything else.

Wed, November 7, 2007 - 8:09 AM
    Not sure it is one sign But I know that I have Venus in Pisces which makes me more susceptable to be empathic and love enveryone with compassion and understanding etc. I always make excuses for people and always know hat they just having hard life or lives and got lost along the way.

Perhaps there are more astro reasons than the obvious sun-sign thingy

Wed, November 7, 2007 - 8:16 AM
      Ok here's my geekiness coming out,

Is there anyway that we could do a survey on this so we could see for sure????
      Instead of doing just the sun sign we could do them all.

the chart is available at the below site, thanks theresa.

alabe.com/freechart/

kelly :o)

Tue, January 15, 2008 - 1:07 AM
    Hi....

I hope u don't mind me bumping up this old thread.

But I have an idea....

Would empaths have WATER as a dominant element in the birth chart?
    (along with other indicators, like Moon/Neptune, or Moon/Pluto aspects?)

I have Cancer Sun, Scorpio Rising; both water signs, which means i travel mostly on the emotional highway...
    At my best, I am intuitive, psychic, and peaceful...
    At worst, I'd be very self-destructive, paranoid, insecure, etc...

Here's a link to an article about Water:
    people.tribe.net/90cc897a-...0ff7abd822
  • Unsu...

Wed, January 16, 2008 - 6:52 PM
    I agree with the assessment that Water Signs tend to be more "psychically sensitive".
    Also, the Fixed Signs (incl. Scorpio, Taurus, Leo, and Aquarius) generally seem "alchemically attuned" to the sub-nature of reality.

But its hard when one looks at the term "psychic", because its a "catch-phrase" that is over-used.

Each sign has its own "deeper gifts" and manifestations, and it really depends on an individuals level of self-development and awareness.

But indications to look for are:

*Uranus or Neptune in the 1st or 12th Houses (esp. near the Ascendant / Rising degree)
    *Mercury in Retrograde (especially in a water sign, or in a house ruled by a water sign - watch the placement of the house ruler for indicators), or in the 12th House
    *Moon in a water sign or in the 4th, 8th, or 12th House (and to some degree the 7th house)

Most prominent "psychics" (empaths) I have met have almost all had Mercuries in water signs, or a prominent placement of Uranus and Neptune, or a combination thereof.

Mon, January 28, 2008 - 12:15 PM
    I agree with the post which said that if there is a planet involved in empathy it's probably Neptune. I am a virgo sunsign with a Taurus ascendant which makes Venus the planet ruling my birth chart and I have venus conjunct Neptune in Scorpio in the seventh. I hate being so oversensitive and have often wished I could grow thicker skin, so usually I act very different from how I feel inside, maybe as a way to create the image that I am invulnerable.

Thu, February 14, 2008 - 7:30 PM
    I would think Water Signs probably...
    I love Astrology...

My sun sign is in Pisces....It is here ...im MY chart that told describes my empathic ability...but I did not know what an Empath was LOL ...

Sun is in 23 Degrees Pisces...12 house
    Extremely sensitive and emotional....YOU ABSORB THE EMOTIONS OF OTHERS(wether positive or negative) LIKE A SPONGE...Emotionally vulnerable,you are easily upset and tend to cry reasdily.You are at your best when you can structure your enviroment in such a way that you are surrounded by positive and upbeat people.You are very helpful and understanding of the needs of others...Indeed at times this can be a disadvantage, because you can be a sucker for anyone who needs help.Shy,Dreamy,romantic in nature,you delight in retreating into your private fantasy world.Just be careful that you do not get lost in it...Trust your intutions-you can be quite psychic......

My Rising is Taurus and my Moon is in Libra

Tue, February 19, 2008 - 11:20 PM
    I have always been very empathic (now that I know how to work with my abilities, they work well in my profession ~ facilitating healing) and here is my astrolab chart .

rising – 07 ° Cancer
    sun – 25° Aquarius
    moon – 25° Sagittarius
    mercury – 02°
    venus – 28° Capricorn
    mars – 12° Pisces
    jupiter – 21° Gemini
    saturn – 16° Pisces
    uranus – 18° Virgo
    neptune – 22° Scorpio
    pluto – 17° Virgo
    true node or north node – 00° Gemini

Not sure what this all means, just know that I'm very complex... Anybody have some thoughts, knowledge they would like to share?

Much appreciation,

G~

Thu, February 21, 2008 - 5:04 PM
      I'm a Aquarius Sun, Aries Moon, and Libra Rising person. I find that Air and Water signs tend to be the most empathic.

I'm also wondering if the "Highter Heart" Chakra (between the Heart and the Throat) has something to do with it.
  • Unsu...

Mon, February 25, 2008 - 3:56 PM
    I am pisces and I also got my chart done.

Name: Anita
    February 20 1978
    11:20 PM Time Zone is CST
    Little Rock, AR

Rising Sign is in 10 Degrees Scorpio
    You tend to be quiet, reserved, secretive and, at times, quite difficult to understand. Others notice your deep emotions and feelings and wonder how to draw you out. Stubborn and tough, you fight for any position you believe in. You are very resourceful and formidable when you become angered or upset about something. You enjoy living life at the cutting edge -- for you life must be experienced intensely and totally. Quite courageous, you are willing to take calculated risks. Easily hurt by others, you often strike back with bitter sarcasm. Sensitive and curious, you are concerned with the deeper mysteries of human psychology. Once you have become interested in any subject, you pursue it with total fanaticism.

Sun is in 02 Degrees Pisces.
    Extremely sensitive and emotional, you absorb the emotions of others (whether positive or negative) like a sponge. Emotionally vulnerable, you are easily upset and tend to cry readily. You are at your best when you can structure your environment in such a way that you are surrounded by positive, upbeat people. You are very helpful and understanding of the needs of others. Indeed, at times this can be a disadvantage, because you can be a sucker for anyone who needs help. Shy, dreamy, romantic in nature, you delight in retreating into your private fantasy world. Just be careful that you do not get lost in it! Trust your intuitions -- you may be quite psychic.

Moon is in 11 Degrees Leo.
    You always want to be proud of yourself and will never do anything that will make yourself look bad. You need the respect and admiration of others and enjoy attracting attention to yourself. Everything you do tends to be self-emphasized and self-exaggerated. Very stubborn, willful and independent yourself, be sure to allow others who are close to you the similar right to "be themselves." Your need for love, affection and reassurance, and your tendency toward vanity, allow you to have your head easily turned by flattery. The more insecure you are, the more you tend to be a showoff. You love games and sports as a matter of fact, you would usually rather play than work. Be careful of a tendency to be snobbish and uppity -- it does not become you.

Mercury is in 27 Degrees Aquarius.
    You tend to be very opinionated -- you have strongly felt notions about things and are quite vocal about expressing and defending them. Yet you are also an original thinker -- you enjoy shocking others with your offbeat, original thoughts. You appreciate and need mental and intellectual stimulation. Your judgment is usually fair and impartial -- you can be a good critic because you can remain objective and unemotional about most things.

Venus is in 09 Degrees Pisces.
    You have a dreamy, fanciful, romantic nature and a very creative imagination. Indeed, at times, your private fantasies are more appealing than the reality around you and it is difficult for you to leave them. You tend to be unselfish and giving in relationships and are extremely sensitive of the needs of others. Be very sure that those you help are worthy of your devotion and are not merely taking advantage of your innocence and naivete.

Mars is in 22 Degrees Cancer.
    Your moods are very important to your overall well-being. You are confident and self-assertive when you are feeling upbeat, and you are retiring, irritable and grumpy when you get depressed about anything. Very sensitive, you wear your heart on your sleeve. You are easily angered whenever you think someone has slighted you. It is best for you to show your anger immediately and let it all out, rather than to try to hold it in or to hold grudges for a long time. You're extremely loyal and defensive of your family, neighborhood, community and culture.

Jupiter is in 26 Degrees Gemini.
    You have a logical, detached, objective view of most things. Your interests are wide-ranging and you are an avid student, with expertise in many different areas. You love to work things out in your mind -- everything you do is reduced to an exercise in logic and reason. You have the ability to grasp abstractions and to deal successfully with the larger issues of life. Your overemphasis on developing your powerful intellect can cause your emotional and intuitive abilities to atrophy unless you consciously choose to exercise them.

Saturn is in 26 Degrees Leo.
    Extremely self-reliant, you set very high standards of conduct and decorum for yourself, and you expect others with whom you associate to be that way, too. It is important that you had a strong father figure or role model early in life to mold your life course and direction. When you feel that those around you are unworthy or behaving badly, you withdraw, preferring solitude rather than associating with those who might besmirch your reputation.

Uranus is in 16 Degrees Scorpio.
    You, and your peer group, demand to confront life at its deepest and most meaningful levels. Very compulsive and obsessive in your approach to everything, you will avoid anything that is casual or superficial, especially when it comes to relationships. You will seek out and explore new methods of healing as well as different ways to deal with deep-seated emotional problems.

Neptune is in 18 Degrees Sagittarius.
    You, and your entire generation, are heavily involved in investigating and idealizing foreign and exotic intellectual systems and religious philosophies. The most extreme ideals will be pursued with gusto. You will be at the forefront of humanitarian attempts to improve the lot of those who are in need of assistance. You will be comfortable with the concept of the "global village."

Pluto is in 16 Degrees Libra.
    For your entire generation, this is a time of radical changes in society's attitude toward marriage and interpersonal relationships. There is a general fear and awe at the power inherent in making emotional or contractual commitments -- they will not be entered into lightly.

N. Node is in 06 Degrees Libra.
    You find it very difficult to be comfortable being alone -- you would much prefer to be in an environment where many people are working together toward common goals. Your charming and sincere approach to others assures your popularity -- you have the gift of being able to ease tensions just by your mere presence. You're the perfect "team player" willing to sacrifice your own importance so that the group goal can be accomplished. Be careful, however, not to become overly dependent on your interactions with others -- you have personal private needs that should not be neglected.

Tue, March 4, 2008 - 1:16 PM
    Im a Leo but i dont really fit the personality profile of a leo in some ways (for a start off i dont like very hot sunny weather, i actually prefer it when its raining).

My chinese horroscope is more accurate in some ways, im a rabbit (hare) so please dont blind me with your headlights when driving at night, thankyou! :P

Tue, March 4, 2008 - 1:29 PM
      "Those following traditional Chinese astrology consider people born in the Year of the Rabbit to make ideal diplomats or politicians. In Chinese astrological thought, a "rabbit person" is graceful, cultured and well-mannered. Although Rabbit people get along well with many people, at heart they are considered to be basically reserved creatures, and are only truly happy when engrossed in some sort of scholarly or intellectual activity. Rabbit people are considered too sensitive for the world around them; they are not able to thrive in competitive or aggressive environments, and are anxious when others force them to take risks. Their inner world is considered too delicate for unsettled or unpredictable situations, and they tend to create peaceful and comfortable atmospheres--like rabbit dens--instinctively. According to traditional Chinese astrology, this characteristic makes them very hospitable and attentive people, who take care of those around them.

The average Rabbit person emphasizes the importance of small details. They pay attention to everything from color, design and furniture to food and conversation. And only when they are sure that everything has been arranged as they wish can these people relax and have fun.

People born in the year of the Rabbit often lead a conservative lifestyle where one of the most important things is their security. This quality has a negative side also: opting for safety over risk, they may miss good opportunities. These people are not frivolous or irresponsible, for when they truly believe in something, they are serious, persevering and capable.

Calm as they are, it is not easy to provoke Rabbit people. They are sentimental and compassionate. They can be moved by the personal problems you share with them."

The wikipedia entry for the rabbit is quite spot on for me. Im a wood rabbit.

Thu, March 6, 2008 - 5:44 AM
        Moonlight..but the sun sign description is only a small, small portion of what Western astrology can say about you. You could have your natal chart done...it can be quite a revelation: )

Sun, April 20, 2008 - 9:26 PM
    It's been pointed out to me that strong Venus or Neptune in a chart can lend itself to an empathic streak if channeled correctly.
    Sun = Aquarius
    Moon = Gemini
    Libra = Asc
    Neptune on Ascendant Venus in Pisces in my 5th house (my empathic streak)

Wed, April 30, 2008 - 1:35 PM
    Mayan astrology, found at mayanmajix.com gives a much more in-depth look at you, and your talents. Common astrology divides light beings into 12 catagories and then extended charts give extra definition. Mayan astrology begins with 260 options. Here is the information you seem to be seeking.

Peace, love, and all that shit...slacker
    Ministry of alchemy

Sat, May 3, 2008 - 8:47 PM
      I have heard/read many places that peices are sometimes more attuned, (unless they are too self-absorbed)
      That aquarius' is natural too, (unless they are rules too much by their heads)
      sometimes gemini are good too, but that this has to be honored from a young age or they will likely shut it totally off!
      and I have read/heard that libra are usually not that good at it at all - since they can be so emotionally needy (however, if they really balance all that well, they have the potential to be empaths I suppose)
      And then there are just uniques everyones!! and we all have the potnetional you know! : D
      love,
      Stephanie

Sun, May 4, 2008 - 8:07 PM
    This is a very interesting post and it has generated a lot of response. however to find any true discernable pattern would be a monumental under taking to find a real pattern we need to filter out the noise If each of you would not mind reposting on a different thread I would like to see if we can establish a consistent pattern starting with just a poll of sun signs after enough responses we may find the results interesting. Oh and thank you freedom for bringing up this very interesting thread.

Recent topics in "EmpathsAlike.com"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Tribe is dieing Dan 2 October 7, 2013
Psi Reality Ðïvêr§ïty 1 October 27, 2012
Shape shifting? SatsiSonik 26 September 29, 2012
How to reverse other peoples attacks Girl 18 September 29, 2012